I have been horrible about updating lately, but growing a baby and keeping up with a toddler has been leaving me drained!
Annabelle -
You have changed so much the past two months that I wanted to make sure I didn't let any more time pass without documenting some things!
- You have been saying a lot of things that I want to remember: "hear-a dat sound" with your hand up to your ear anytime you hear an unusual noise, "what happened?", you only say "okay" and "um- humm" for yes and we have been working on "yes, maam", you say "no-kay" for no, you say "you're welcome" instead of thank you, you say "calm down" now randomly when something/someone is loud (learned from me telling our dogs to calm down), you have also started saying "no way" (as in "Annabelle, do you need a new diaper?" "NO WAY!")
- Favorites: your swing set, pretzels, collecting nature items in a bucket, drinking water out of a real cup, baths, spaghetti, the park, kicking the "soccer" ball, your baby dolls, music
- Daddy and I have been laughing, because in the last two days we have said to you: "don't put goldfish crackers in your eye, baby", "yogurt doesn't go in your ears", "how did you get cottage cheese in your eyelashes?", and "why are there black beans in your eyebrows?". You are great about eating with your spoon and fork, but lately things have gotten messy!
- You are wearing mostly 3T clothes now, and size 6 shoe.
- You love outings! You favorites are nana and grandad's house (which you don't understand why we can't go everyday), the library, the park, the grocery store (mostly for the cookie), chick-fil-a, and the children's museum.
- You have started saying "love you, mama" and "love you, daddy" unprompted. Best words ever. You also say "miss him" when daddy is at work.
- You count all the way to twelve, and then say "seventeen" over and over. You love finding shapes in different places. We will be out somewhere and you will say triangle or diamond, and I will have to search for what you are seeing.
We have lots of "big girl" adjustments to make before the new baby comes in 6 months...a new bed, hopefully potty training! But right now, I am just savoring every minute of you being our first baby! Being your mama is such a wonderful adventure! You are just such a joy to us, and we are blessed beyond words that you are ours!
3.30.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
About time! That was a sweet update, Sis. I miss y'all.
oh she is so cute and so smart. i love that she tries to put goldfish in her eye... and i had know idea you were growing a baby!! (where have i been?) congrats. that is soooo exciting!!!
Post a Comment