4.07.2011

Beautiful Day!

Annabelle and I shared today at the Botanical Gardens, and it was just a perfect day. The weather was gorgeous, the gardens were breathtaking and just overflowing with tulips, but most of all...I just treasured every minute with my daughter. She blossomed in the freedom of roaming and exploring and in having my complete undivided attention. We shared a picnic in the grass on a huge, immaculate lawn with no one else in sight. I think all parents need those beautiful moments where we just feel so connected and in sync with our children - it makes the teaching, discipline, being consistent when it is hard feel so worthwhile...seeing a little fruit from the efforts!

Mushrooms that Annabelle called "muffins" and kept trying to take bites out of the tops.

Beautiful rock fountains - definitely a favorite.

Taking a smell of a tulip - according to Annabelle they all "smell like strawberries"

Enjoying one of her favorite new hobbies - "digging". She helped me plant some flowers last weekend, now she wants to dig everything!

Silly girl!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

She's growing up so fast. Maybe the new digging hobby will help convince her that sand and snow are awesome, not scary. I miss y'all.

Jim and Donna said...

What precious pictures! She is getting to be such a big girl! We miss her (and you and Jesse).